Friday 24 January 2014

Digipak Reflection

My aim for my digipak was to make it relatable to the music video and the target audience. Much like music videos, digipaks also represent artists and are supposed to display their image and personality. Like I did with my advert, I used photographs that were taken throughout the performance section of the music video so that both products would link. Here is my completed digipak:


I used photoshop CS6 to edit this digipak. I wanted the design to be similar to my advert so that the two products would relate to eachother. I followed indie genre conventions by using simplistic photographs and simplistic editing styles. However, I incorporated an edgy flavour by using distressed brick walls and graffiti, scruffy fonts and ripped paper in order to give a poster style (much like my advert design). Using these elements also adds quirk and youthfulness which would appeal to teenagers and young adults. I wanted to incorporate the guitar within the digipak as it promotes the artist as a singer/songwriter and musician rather than an image. This definitely follows the conventions of indie. On the front cover of my digipak I deliberately made the image of me darker and the name brighter. This is quite common and conventional within the indie genre as indie artists like to be known for their music and their name rather than their image.

1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in describing some of the choices and decisions that you made to your digipak, with reference to some of the tools and conventions that you decided to include and follow. However, this needs to be explored in a lot more detail throughout.

    ReplyDelete